Sunday, July 18, 2010

What Makes a Good Dentist

Everybody wants to be successful in their careers and profession. Of course we all worked hard for it. So we think "We deserve it". Nontheless, why would we dream to be one if we haven't dropped ourselves out?

When I was 4 years old, I only had four dreams of becoming in the future-- become an astronaut, a nun, a pediatrician, and a dentist. I never realized this one steamy dream when I got to my secondary education.

Last month of my last school year in high school, I was with my friends attending our Career Orientation Seminar. Then each of us were asked what do we want to become? I proudly answered "Dentist" thinking it is already impossible to be an astronaut. I was also enjoying the feeling of mutual infatuation at that time so I was never gonna be a nun and I can always proceed to medicine right after college if I want to be a Pediatrician. Dentistry was my only option then. I was on the right track--- I thought.

Being in college was really difficult as I never have imagined it to be. I was studying and at the same time worrying if my parents could ever suffice the troublesome money that I would need for clinical work and requirements plus matriculation. But I've survived. I graduated college ripe after 7 years.

When I passed the dentist's licensure examination, I was deeply enthralled of that feeling to practice my profession and be able to develop my skills in it. So here I am now, working hard, happy and contented with my profession. I was never wrong. I choose the right choice and I've lived with it.

Being a good dentist does not necessarily require you to graduate with honors or colorful flags. It is about rendering the best quality of service to your patients, whether they pay you or not. Of course money is important to live your dream. But make sure that you are being paid for the right service and that you are giving it back to who deserves it. It is about fulfillment-- to be an epic of knowledge and basic skills and be able to share it with those who need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment